Creating on funday Sunday....

I was just in the mood to disappear out into my crafty room and have a play. I had seen on pinterest some time ago and idea using crepe paper to make coloured background. So I had a small canvas and some bright coloured crepe paper and began...not too sure how it would work out..

First I wet the canvas in small sections with a foam brush and added various strips of torn crepe paper until totally covered...
 When it was almost dry, slowly lifted the crepe off ....very excited that the colour had transferred onto the canvas...where the crepe had tucked up left white of the canvas showing thru....but I was okay with that....liked the look...
 
 I let it dry totally and then got out my tub of rub-ons...and decided to use various inspiring words, added some doodley flowers and flourish rub-ons and punched out some butterflies....

I was quite chuffed with the end result....and certainly a technique that I could use to make backgrounds on other projects!! What did we do before pinterest???....I guess read magazines!!!

Thought I would share this with you who pops on by...

Have a nice day..

Sue xx

1 comment:

Janice Nicholls said...

WOW!!!! That is just gorgeous Sue....Love it!
I love pinterest too.
I am going to give this a try.
Thanks for sharing! xx